This will be a certification weekend for Training Members of the Hart House Underwater Club’s scuba course. It’s a fabulous location for Saturday shore diving on some of the most famous wrecks and beautiful underwater geological formations. Then on Sunday, you will have a chance to experience charter boat wreck diving in Tobermory. All your dives will be at Canada’s first National Marine Park, Fathom Five, “The Freshwater Shipwreck Diving Capital of Canada”. Clear, clean water, more than 20 historic shipwrecks, submerged geological formations, cliffs, caves and overhangs offer a variety of underwater experiences.
Date: June 2023 — Date TBD
- Arrive in the Tobermory area on Friday evening, to be ready for an early start on Saturday morning’s dive. Please allow sufficient driving time, considering summer weekend traffic.
- Upon arrival or early Saturday morning: Get your park pass for Fathom Five National Marine Park from Divers Den or the park office (map). To expedite this, you may download the PDF registration form, print it at home, fill it in and bring it with you. Cost is approx. $10/day. You can’t dive without it.
Location: Little Tub Harbour, Tobermory, ON
Divemasters and Instructors: Courtney Gibson, NAUI Instructor 51941, and Martin Bonert, NAUI Instructor
- five certification dives for Training Members of HHUC
- includes some of the following: shore dives, charter boat dives, shipwrecks
- here’s a description of some to the possible dive sites and wrecks suitable for open water certification diving
- Fathom Five scuba diver safety guideliines
Requirements to participate in the dive
- Pay your Certification Dive Fees – to be finalized by your HHUC Instructors
- Arrange for all of your own scuba gear: wetsuit, tanks, regulator, BCD, mask, fins and snorkel, weight belt, etc. which will be explained by your Instructor
- Bring your vaccination receipt to show you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Get it online if you don’t have it.
- Before leaving home, assess your personal health situation by following the recommendations on the Covid-19 Self-Screening Questionnaire. Stay home if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Your Instructor will provide detailed instructions.
- Here is a sample list of the type of scuba gear required for a dive trip – note: Your Instructor will likely provide you with a list of gear for your certification dives which may be slightly different.
Air fills will be available at Divers Den, located in Tobermory.
3 Bay Street Tobermory, ON, N0H 2R0
519-596-2363 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Tobermory:
Your best bet is to use Google Maps and search Tobermory, Ontario.
Approximately 4 hours Toronto to Tobermory if there is no traffic.
Allow for more time if leaving during rushhour on a Friday of a summer weekend.
Check Google Maps on the week before your Friday departure as a guideline.
Please arrange your own transportation. We will try to assist to connect you with other divers for carpooling.
Please arrange your own accommodations. There are hotels, lodges, cottages and campgrounds available in the area. Search the internet to find the one that best suits you. Your Instructor may provide recommendations for the group.
Club dive policies