All participants must have the following:
This form must be completed both prior to departing from home AND prior to boarding the dive boat or attending a shore dive. Complete the questionnaire to the end.
- YES, please join us.
- NO, please stay home because we would have to turn you away for the safety of all after your long drive to the dive site.
- Bring your government of Ontario proof of vaccination with you to the dive.
- You have also filled out the Covid-19 Vaccination Self-Declaration as part of your Application Form for scuba divers, guests and non-divers.
- For health, safety, and liability reasons, Blue North Scuba has adopted a policy that only fully vaccinated people may participate in Blue North scuba dive trips. People who choose not to get vaccinated, therefore, choose not to participate in Blue North dives.
OUC requires that all participants correctly complete this risk agreement. Otherwise, you cannot attend the dive.
- Select “Blue North Scuba Club” and any other clubs that apply to you.
- Use your current OUC Membership Number
- If you are in a rush, and you are a paid member for the current calendar year but haven’t received your OUC number yet, use this 8-digit code. This also applies to Trainees referred from other dive clubs to Blue North for their certification dives.
- If you are a non-diver hanging out with Blue North at a diving event, use this 8-digit code:
- If you are attending a “Try Scuba” type of event, use this 8-digit code:
- Diving Post-Covid by Courtney Gibson
- Advice from DAN – Divers Alert Network
- Advice from OUC – Ontario Underwater Council
Important standards for diving:
- Blue North Scuba Club may go beyond provincial and local guidelines to protect our members.
- Blue North Scuba Club will follow provincial Covid-19 Guidelines as they pertain to our sport.
- Blue North Scuba Club will follow the requirements of the local Health Units regarding diving activities.
- Club members and their guests cooperate with dive operators, boat operators and dive shops.
- Blue North will only accept registrations for an in-person Club event from people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before attending a Club event.
- Blue North Scuba Club requires Proof of Vaccination that attendees are fully vaccinated as a requirement to attend a Club event.
- All members and guests on a Club dive will be required to complete a Covid-19 Liability Release from the Ontario Underwater Council. OUC is our provincial diving association, representing all divers in Ontario, and is the provider of our club liability insurance.
- It is every diver’s duty to be diligent, not negligent, in caring for yourself and your buddy and your fellow divers.
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms or signs of illness of any kind.
- Voluntarily sign the usual waiver in advance of the dive.
- Provide contact information in the event that contact tracing is required.
- Answer the health screening questionnaire before leaving home and on site before participating in the dive.
- Follow the advice from:
- Understand the danger of using alcohol wipes on your tank & regulator.
All diving participants must comply with applicable Federal, Provincial, Regional, Municipal and Facility Public Health regulations, protocols and guidance whenever participating in Blue North Scuba activities, including but not limited to complying with maximum gathering sizes, physical distancing, correctly wearing appropriate PPE, sanitizing shared high-contact surfaces. Be aware of the dangers of using alcohol wipes on scuba tanks and regulators. If you do not want to comply with these protocols, we understand and you are free to dive elsewhere.
Thanks for your cooperation to keep us all safe to dive another day.