We are returning to one of our favourite sites for experienced divers and newly certified divers on the “last day of summer”. We’re offering interesting shipwrecks, warm water, moderate diving depth (25-40 ft.), and up to 3 dives on this “one-day dive” on the Monday of the Labour Day long weekend. It’s a great opportunity to master your scuba diving skills and buoyancy. You will gain experience and comfort under water, and add to your number of dives to allow you to participate in more challenging dives next summer. Our dive location is in beautiful southern Georgian Bay, not too far a drive from Toronto (approx. 2 hours), and includes great wrecks such as the Mapledawn and the Lottie Wolfe.
Date: Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
Payment Deadline: July 4, 2023 – $155 by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximum Number of Divers: 11 – we’re getting a bigger boat this time!
Time: Arrive in the Georgian Bay area very early on Monday morning to be ready for an early start at Cedar Point. Allow contingency time for your drive in the very early morning. This one-day trip avoids the expense of accommodation, and still provides a full day of great diving and camaraderie.
- Arrival Time: Divers are asked to be at the dock at 7:30 am on Monday morning for check-in, loading and orientation.
- Leaving the Dock: Our boat departs at 8:00 am. Be early because the boat leaves promptly. It takes time to unload your car, load gear on the boat, get your car parked, and hear the briefing.
- The boat returns at approximately 4:00-5:00 pm.
Location: Cedar Point and the Western Islands, in southern Georgian Bay.
Cedar Point Dock is located at:
- Dock Lane, Cedar Point, ON L9M 1R3
- Here’s the map
Dive Boat: Georgian Explorer
Divemaster: Heison Chak, NAUI Instructor # 59648
Recreational dives for certified divers who are members of Blue North Scuba:
- Some of the shipwrecks include the following:
- Many of the shipwrecks are in the 10m / 30’ depth range, with only one or two in the 20m / 60’ depth range.
- Shallower dives tend to be warmer, so for thermal protection, all you need is a wetsuit with hood, boots, and gloves. You do not need to bring or rent a drysuit.
- The dives are suitable for a range of experience in diving, and are ideal for testing out new skills or equipment.
- Coffee, Timbits and fresh fruit will be available when you arrive on board.
- Soft drinks and water will be available throughout day.
- A hot lunch is provided. (A tip for the chef is appreciated.)
- $155 per diver for the 1-day trip. Our Club will have the dive boat for the entire day, with the opportunity for up to 3 dives (including a hot lunch!)
- Payment is by eTransfer to email@example.com
- Deadline for payment: June 30, 2023. Space is limited. Pay early to avoid disappointment.
- Please register now to let us know you are interested in this dive
Requirements to participate in the dive
- Pay your Dive Boat Fees – $155 by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 4, 2023.
- Bring your C-cards and dive log.
- If you are not yet a member of Blue North Scuba Club:
- Fill in the annual Membership Application form
- Pay your annual $40 Blue North membership dues. Payable by eTransfer to: email@example.com
- Provide your 2023 OUC membership number. (Note: We can arrange a $40 OUC membership for you if you don’t already have it.)
- Fill in the annual OUC Communicable Disease Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement after you have received your OUC number for this year.
- Before leaving home, assess your personal health situation by following the recommendations on the Self-Screening Questionnaire. Consider staying home if you are unwell. Vaccination receipts are available online.
Bring all your own scuba gear – including TWO TANKS
- Sample list of dive shops in the Toronto area who rent gear
- Sample list of scuba gear to bring on the dive trip
Bring 2 full tanks with you from Toronto.
Please arrange your own transportation. We will try to assist to connect you with other divers for carpooling.
Not required for this one-day dive.
Hotel: If you decide to drive up the night before, check the internet for something suitable for you. Here’s one we’ve heard of (check your morning drive time to the Cedar Point dock, approx 25 min.)
Super 8 hotel at 1144 Hugel Ave, Midland, ON L4R 0B1. Don’t leave your reservation to the last minute. Summer weekends are popular.
Club dive policies
Questions or Comments?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .