A fabulous weekend of diving is being planned for Canada’s first National Marine Park, Fathom Five, “The Freshwater Shipwreck Diving Capital of Canada”. Clear water, more than 20 historic shipwrecks, submerged geological formations, cliffs, caves and overhangs offer a variety of underwater experiences.
Date: August 5-6, 2023
Payment Deadline: May 1, 2023
Maximum Number of Divers: 11 – There are 7 spots remaining as of Feb. 24, 2023
Time: Arrive in the Tobermory area on Friday evening, to be ready for an early start on Saturday morning’s dive. Please allow sufficient driving time to arrive in Toby and obtain your Fathom Five Park pass, and be ready at the shore site or dock for your briefing.
- Upon arrival or early Saturday morning: Get your park pass for Fathom Five National Marine Park from Divers Den or the park office (map). To expedite this, you may download the PDF registration form, print it at home, fill it in and bring it with you. Cost is approx. $10. You can’t dive without it.
Location: Little Tub Harbour, Tobermory, ON
Divemaster: Courtney Gibson, NAUI Instructor 51941
- recreational dives for certified divers who become members of Blue North Scuba. If you are not a member, Join now — we are open to all vaccinated, certified divers
- shore dives, charter boat dives, shipwrecks and caves
- dive sites may include some of these shipwrecks depending on dive experience of our group, weather conditions, timing, distance from dock, etc.
- Fathom Five scuba diver safety guideliines
- $195 per diver
- Payment is by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for payment: May 1, 2023. Space is limited. Pay early to avoid disappointment.
- Please register now to let us know you are interested in this dive
Requirements to participate in the dive
- Pay your Dive Fees – $195 by eTransfer to email@example.com by May 1, 2023
- Sign the Waiver from the Dive Shop: Diver’s Den will send you an email with link.
- If you are not yet a member of Blue North Scuba Club:
- Fill in the annual Membership Application form
- Pay your annual $40 Blue North membership dues. Payable by eTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide your 2023 OUC membership number. We can arrange a $40 OUC membership for you if you don’t already have it through HHUC.
- Fill in the annual OUC Communicable Disease Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement AFTER you have your OUC number for this year.
- Before leaving home, assess your personal health situation by following the recommendations on the Self-Screening Questionnaire. Consider staying home if you are unwell. Vaccination receipts are available online.
Bring all your own scuba gear – including TWO TANKS – Book your rental equipment well in advance
- Sample list of dive shops in the Toronto area who rent gear.
- Divers Den in Tobermory rents scuba gear, tanks, etc.
- HHUC members only can rent scuba gear for the summer from HHUC
- Sample list of scuba gear to bring on the dive trip
Air fills will be available at Divers Den, located in Tobermory.
3 Bay Street Tobermory, ON, N0H 2R0
519-596-2363 – email@example.com
Directions to Tobermory:
Your best bet is to use Google Maps and search Tobermory harbour.
Goggle maps says under 4 hours Toronto to Tobermory if there is no traffic.
Allow for more time if leaving during rushhour on a Friday of a summer weekend.
Check Google Maps on the week before your Friday departure as a guideline.
Please arrange your own transportation. We will try to assist to connect you with other divers for carpooling.
Your divemaster may be in touch with you with suggestions. Otherwise, please arrange your own accommodations. There are hotels, lodges, cottages and campgrounds available in the area. Search the internet to find the one that best suits you. For example,
– Happy Hearts Campground (519) 596-2455 https://www.happyheartspark.com
– Tobermory Village Campground (519) 596-2689 http://www.tobermoryvillagecamp.com
Club dive policies
Questions or Comments?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .