Use your own judgement to determine if this is an appropriate list for you!
Make sure all your gear is in top functioning condition prior to each dive trip.
1. Dive Log and pen, SAC rate calculator
2. Scuba Certification card(s) C-Card, EANX card, DAN card, Dive insurance
3. Proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19, Bring a Covid-19 face mask
4. Cell phone, wallet, credit card, money, emergency contacts, OHIP medical card
5. Directions to the dive site and accommodations
6. Mask, fins, snorkel
7. Mask defogger — such as baby shampoo — absolutely no spitting in your mask due to Covid-19
8. Wetsuit, boots, gloves, hood (some people wear socks inside their wetsuit boots to avoid blisters)
9. Tanks (filled) – Note: On most dive weekends, two tanks will be required
10. Regulator with octopus, pressure gauge and BCD hose
11. Weights, weight belt or BCD weight pockets
13. Dive computer (essential) with the manual
14. Dive tables
15. Dive knife, sea snips
16. Emergency signalling device such as whistle, safety sausage, dive-alert
Required for some dives
17. Dive light – required for night dives and if needed for better visibility on shipwrecks (charged or with batteries)
18. Tank marker light/cylumes – required for night dives (not the chemical ones)
19. Flag and float – required for shore dives
20. Other gauges as needed for navigation and redundancy: compass, depth gauge, watch, etc.
21. Underwater slate with underwater pen
22. Tools, save-a-dive kit, tool kit, spare O-rings, spare snorkel-keeper, etc.
23. Fish identification book
Other personal items
24. Clothing: Hat, sun glasses, sun covering (Note: chemical sunblock lotions and sprays are very bad for the aquatic environment and we strongly suggest you use other methods for sun covering such as clothing), rain gear, warm clothing for after the dive, hat & gloves too.
25. Drinking water
27. Dry bag / Waterproof container, if needed for camera, clothes, etc.
28. Small tarp to lay on the ground to lay out your gear (and not lose anything!)
29. Whatever personal medications you might need, personal First Aid Kit
32. Fill in anything else you need _____________________
33. Gear bag to hold it all.