Date: Saturday, July 15 to Sunday, July 16, 2023
Time / Schedule:
- Arrive in the Kingston area on Friday evening, July 14, 2023, to be ready for an early start on Saturday morning.
- If there are some people arriving early, we can consider meeting for dinner Friday evening at a local restaurant.
- Saturday: On Saturday morning, meet at Portsmouth Harbour marina for dive briefing, Time TBD
- Dinner together Saturday evening.
- Sunday: more charter boat diving on Kingston’s wrecks, (and maybe a shore dive in the afternoon)
Divemaster: Heison Chak, NAUI Instructor #59648
Location: Kingston ON – under 3 hours drive from Toronto without traffic
Number of divers: 11
Description of Recreational Dives
For certified divers who are members of Blue North Scuba:
- Shore Dive: Saturday morning at Portsmouth – examples of shore diving sites
- Boat Dives: Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, on some of Kingston’s famous shipwrecks – shipwreck selection depends on experience of the group, weather conditions, etc. to be finalized on the dive day.
- Number of divers: 11 divers on the boat plus the Divemaster
- Cost: $257
- Deadline: May 12, 2023
- Payment by eTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements to participate in the dive
- Pay your Dive Boat Fees – $257 by May 12, 2023 – pay early to avoid disappointment
- If you are not yet a member of Blue North Scuba Club:
- Fill in the annual Membership Application form
- Pay your annual Blue North membership dues. Payable by eTransfer to: email@example.com
- Provide your 2023 OUC membership number which you may already have through HHUC. Note: We can arrange a $40 OUC membership for you if you don’t already have one for the current year.
- If you have not already done so for this calendar year, fill in the annual OUC Communicable Disease Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement AFTER you have your OUC number for this year, and at least two weeks before going on the dive.
- Bring your vaccination receipt to show you are vaccinated and have had your booster shots against Covid-19. Get it online if you don’t have it.
- Before leaving home, assess your personal health situation by following the recommendations on the Covid-19 Self-Screening Questionnaire. Stay home if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
How to Register:
Fill in the Registration Form to let us know you are interested in participating in this dive.
Please arrange for your own scuba gear.
- Sample list of dive shops in the Toronto area
- HHUC members only may rent scuba gear for the summer from HHUC
- Sample list of scuba gear to pack for the dive
Air fills will be available at the dive shop in Kingston
Please arrange your own transportation. We will try to help re carpooling.
For example, we will investigate accommodation at a reasonable rate at Queen’s University residence.
Otherwise, please arrange your own accommodations. There are hotels, cottages and campgrounds available in the area. Search the internet to find the one that best suits you.
Club dive policies
Questions or Comments?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .