Join us for a fabulous weekend of wreck diving in beautiful Georgian Bay on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24, 2022 on such memorable wrecks as the Mapledawn.
There are still two spots available on the dive boat!
Date: Saturday, July 23 to Sunday, July 24
Time: Arrive in the Penetanguishene area on Friday evening, July 22, to be ready for an early start on Saturday morning. If you drive up Saturday morning, please allow contingency time for your early arrival.
- Arrival Time: Divers are asked to be at the Penetanguishene Town Dock (2 Main Street) at 7:30 am on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24, for check-in, loading and orientation. You will be notified if the pickup is at a different location nearby, such as Cedar Point.
- Leaving the Dock: Our Charter Boat (the Georgian Ranger) departs at 8:00 am. Be early because the boat leaves promptly. The boat returns at approximately 4:00-5:00 pm.
Location: Penetanguishene Town Dock, 2 Main Street
Divemaster: Martin Bonert, NAUI Instructor 33907
- Recreactional dives for certified divers who are members of Blue North Scuba and Hart House Underwater Club. Join now — we are open to all certified divers
- Diving from the Georgian Ranger charter boat out of Penetanguishene.
- Some of the shipwrecks include the following:
- Many of the shipwrecks are in the 10m / 30’ depth range, with only one or two in the 20m / 60’ depth range.
- Shallower dives tend to be warmer, so for thermal protection, all you need is a wetsuit with hood, boots, and gloves. You do not need to bring or rent a drysuit.
- The dives are suitable for a range of experience in diving, and are ideal for getting back underwater again.
- Coffee, Timbits and fresh fruit will be available when you arrive on board.
- Soft drinks and water will be available throughout day.
- A hot lunch is provided.
- The food and drink is supplied for you as part of the package. However, it is up to the individual if you would like to provide a tip for Helen, the Captain’s wife, who organizes and prepares the refreshments and lunch.
Requirements to participate in the dive
- Fill in the annual Membership Application form
- Pay your annual Blue North membership fee – Payable by eTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the Blue North Registration Form for Western Islands, Georgian Bay.
- Pay your Dive Fees – $270 per diver for the 2-day weekend, Payable immediately by eTransfer to: email@example.com – We cannot hold your spot on the dive boat until we receive payment.
- Fill in the annual OUC Communicable Disease Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement once you have your OUC number for this year
- Bring your vaccination receipt to show you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Get it online if you don’t have it.
- Before leaving home, assess your personal health situation by following the recommendations on the Covid-19 Self-Screening Questionnaire. Stay home if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
Payment due now:
Pay ASAP – Dive fee of $270 per diver for the 2-day weekend, Payable by eTransfer to
How to Register:
Fill in the Registration Form now, and send your $270 boat fee ASAP by eTransfer to:
Bring your own gear. If you need to rent, here are some options:
- Blue North Members in the summer of 2022 may rent gear from the Hart House Underwater Club at excellent prices by signing up for an HHUC Social Membership. The gear rental payment process will be emailed to divers participating in this dive trip.
- Sample list of dive shops in the Toronto area who rent gear
Air fills will be available at Neptune’s Locker Dive Shop, located in the village of Tiny, Ontario, 15 minute drive from the Penetanguishene Town Dock.
Please arrange your own transportation. We will help re carpooling.
Accommodation: Check the internet for motels, cottages, camping, etc.
Camping in the area
Awenda Provincial Park https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/awenda
Bayfort Camp https://www.bayfortcamp.com/campingoptions
Club dive policies
Questions or Comments?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .